Broken Tooth Home Remedy: Is It Necessary?
Dental injuries are inevitable regardless of the cause. Some, injure their tooth due to sports, a bad fall, while some just accidentally hit their face onto something. Most often, when these accidents happen, we aren’t nearby a dentist. The best we can do is to rely on broken tooth home remedy.
There are a few band-aid fixes that may serve the purpose for a short time. However, keep in mind that a broken tooth cannot be repaired at home. Seeing your dentist in Brooklin immediately is your best option. Some patients may think it is no longer necessary to see a dentist after an injury because nothing bled or hurt. This is a common misconception. In a lot of cases, the tooth may look fine, but that can be deceiving as it only hurts when you bite or chew.
Broken tooth home remedy you can do:
Here are some of the things you can do to be relieved of tooth pain, while you’re unable to see your dentist yet:
- If the pain is persistent, take an over the counter pain reliever as a recommended broken tooth home remedy.
- Consider buying dental cement, also over the counter. This temporarily patches the broken/chipped surface.
- Apply a cold pack to the affected area to soothe the pain.
- Gently apply pressure to the injured area with a sterile piece of gauze. Change the piece when it has completely soaked in blood.
- Rinse your mouth with warm water. The dentist in Brooklin recommends this to be done at home as often as needed to kill bacteria and prevent infection.
- Avoid using oral antiseptics that are alcohol-based as this can sting in the mouth.
Broken tooth home remedy aims to relieve you from pain temporarily. If you have a broken tooth, seek help from your dentist in Brooklin immediately for a complete dental treatment.
What Is Periodontal Probing and Do I Need It?Posted by: Brooklinvillagedentalcare, February 22, 2018 What Is Periodontal Probing?
Periodontal probing is a common procedure done by your dental professional to check your gum health. Periodontal probing involves taking measurements of the […] Why Is Tooth Extraction Needed?Posted by: Brooklinvillagedentalcare, November 2, 2018 Some teeth need to be extracted if they have been severely damaged by decay or cavities. Your dentist may try not to remove the affected tooth by putting a dental filling or a cap on it. […] Halitosis Treatment in WhitbyPosted by: Brooklinvillagedentalcare, May 11, 2018 Halitosis, or bad breath, is a known issue that can trigger significant psychological stress. There are numerous potential causes that lead to halitosis. In fact, anyone can be vulnerable […] When Do I Need a Root Canal in Whitby?Posted by: Brooklinvillagedentalcare, June 8, 2018 If one is experiencing severe tooth pain for a prolonged period then one is a candidate for a Root Canal Therapy Whitby. The procedure itself is intended to help relieve tooth pain. While […]