A blister mouth is a common occurrence in the face, usually around and inside the mouth. These tiny ulcers appear harmless until they pop and form an infection. It is essential to determine what causes this condition because blisters can be symptoms of life-threatening diseases like herpes and HIV.
At the onset of mouth blisters, let your Brooklin dentists examine it so they can give you a proper treatment.
Why does blister mouth occur?
- Tissue trauma. Trauma in the tissues can happen when you have broken braces wires or chipped fillings. The sharp edges of these damaged dental appliances can cause lesion that can turn into a blister mouth.
- Pizza burn. These burns are what dentists call a thermal burn. This happens when you immediately take a bite of your pizza or food that’s freshly taken out of the oven. This affects your upper palate and while it’s healing, cigarettes and hot foods can make the sore worse.
- Tissue irritation. The Brooklin dentists say that habits such as nail biting or straw chewing can irritate the tissues inside the mouth. Inner cheeks and inside of the lips commonly have ulcers due to this mannerism. You can ask your dentist to help you manage this habit and prevent mouth sores.
Treatments for blister mouth depends on the type of the sore. Mouth ulcers appear the same but some of them can be contagious and are posing a sign of another health disease. You can take medications such as ibuprofen to relieve the discomfort of the blister.
However, if after medications these blisters don’t go away it’s time to bring it to the dental emergency care. This can save you from acquiring late stages of serious conditions. Your Brooklin dentists are capable of detecting early symptoms of illnesses that appear as mouth blister at first.
When patients feel a broken tooth, see your dentist immediately. If not, this leads to further damage and bacterial infection.
Teeth break without warning and a lot of factors affect it. A dentist solves the problem using a few tools and technique. Remember that some dental office near me shares what they do to help your dental problems.
Self-Care Measures When a Tooth Breaks
If you see broken teeth, make sure to take some over-the-counter pain relievers first. Then, rinse your mouth with salt water for minutes. This relieves the pain from the broken tooth.
When the feeling resembles a sharp point, make sure to cover it temporarily. Do this by using a chewing gum or paraffin wax. With this, you prevent your tongue, lip, or cheek from any cuts. Eating becomes challenging when patients suffer broken teeth. If you wish to eat, make sure to take soft foods only. This prevents you from biting down your tooth. This is according to the dental office near me and experts.
Treatment depends on its damages. If a small portion of the enamel broke, repair takes a few steps. Complex fracture on a tooth involves a more complicated treatment.
Fixing a broken tooth with veneers
When patients break their front teeth, dentist suggest using dental veneers to fix their front teeth. A veneer consists of porcelain or resin composite material that dentists place over the broken tooth. Most of the time, its color resembles the natural color of the remaining teeth.
The procedure for dental veneers fall under cosmetic dentistry since it enhances the way teeth look. Some dental office near me find it very benefitting to patients since it requires little modification of the tooth structure. Also, dental veneers last for a long period of time due to its durability.
When fixing broken teeth, patients need to see and consult their dentist before agreeing to a specific procedure. They know what’s best for your teeth and dental health.
Many people switch to homemade solutions such as baking soda for teeth whitening. Any patient accesses it and buys it due to its affordability and effectivity. Baking soda works in two ways. First, it removes plaque build-up and then reduces teeth discoloration through its alkaline powder.
Most know baking soda as a stain remover, however others use it to whiten their teeth at home.
Steps in Using Baking Soda to Whiten Teeth
A dentist in Whitby shares that combining baking soda with lemon or water creates an effective teeth whitener. Some mix in hydrogen peroxide for teeth whitening prowess. Remember to mix it until the texture becomes thick as a paste. That makes it easier to apply.
Now, applying the paste made from baking soda for teeth whitening, use a toothbrush or your fingers in applying the solution. Make sure to brush your teeth for two (2) minutes. Going beyond two (2) minutes affects your teeth.
After, the dentist in Whitby shares that you need to spit out the solution and rinse your mouth with water. Remember to rinse the solution off the toothbrush before keeping it. Repeat the process once or twice a week to see best results.
Risks in Using Baking Soda as Teeth Whitening Solution
For those who wish to use the baking soda to whiten the teeth, there are some notable side effects that you need to know about.
- With continuous usage, it damages the enamel of your teeth as baking soda does not possess any fluoride. To prevent this, you must remember to use regular toothpaste to prevent cavities or decay.
- For those who wear braces or retainers, a dentist in Whitby shares that you must exercise extra caution. He says using baking soda softens the glue of the braces or retainers which prolongs the treatment period.
- Using baking soda gives some uncomfortable grainy feeling to some patients. The particles bring this kind of feeling even when dissolved with either lemon or water.
Everyone wants a beautiful and bright smile free of any damages. However, opt for safer alternatives by seeking the advice of dentists.
Most people religiously clean their teeth. However, basic teeth cleaning have simple rules that aren’t common to everyone. Although you don’t miss a day in brushing your teeth, you’re still prone to gum problems.
That’s why it’s essential to put an effort into educating yourself about proper dental care. Going to a dental office near Whitby is one of your best options to attain an optimal oral health.
Here are your guidelines to the right way of cleaning your teeth.
Do’s in basic teeth cleaning
- Make it a habit to brush your teeth at least twice a day, for at least 2 minutes every time you do it. Basic teeth cleaning should be done as often as mentioned to actively fight off bacteria in your mouth.
- Lightly brush your teeth with a soft-bristled toothbrush and change them every three months or sooner if you’re sick. Use fluoride toothpaste to shield your teeth enamel from acid.
- Floss at least once a day to get rid of the icky food residues from your starchy and sweet snacks.
- Remember to also clean your tongue, inside your cheeks or buccal cavities, and the back teeth.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Regularly visit your dentist at the dental office near Whitby.
Don’ts in basic teeth cleaning
- Don’t share your toothbrush with anyone, especially to family members. Doing this will transfer germs that can cause gum disease.
- A good basic teeth cleaning advice is to use fluoride toothpaste; however, kids must not ingest it. Too much fluoride in their body might disrupt their teeth development.
- Don’t rely on mouthwash alone. It’s not as effective as brushing in removing food residues.
- Avoid smoking. This habit causes teeth stains and negative effects on your general health.
Do the basics of cleaning your teeth daily. Then seek professional care at the dental office near Whitby for you and your family!
If you want to know the tooth crown price in Brooklin, have your dentist evaluate your dental problem first. You may have heard from a friend that dental crowns cost that much, but it might be different in your case. Every dental bill depends on a variety of factors such as dental preparations and surgery.
A dentist in Whitby suggests that you visit the clinic to get an actual expense breakdown before having the treatment. In this manner, you can explore other options that are inexpensive. This article also gives you an idea of dental crown costs.How much is a tooth crown?
The range for the tooth crown price in Brooklin would be from $500 CAD to $2500 CAD. The amount covers for the materials used and the treatment for only a tooth.
Moreover, check out these other dental services that may be necessary before your dental crown procedure.
- Dental exams and x-ray price range would be from $100 CAD to $300 CAD.
- Root canal treatment is around $700 CAD to $1000 CAD per tooth.
- The dentist in Whitby might require a dental implant which is $1500 CAD to $2000 CAD for each tooth.
If you are an insurance holder, it’s best to get a hold of your insurance company so you know your privileges and benefits. Insurance often covers dental procedures that are medically required. However, the insurance coverage might not include tooth crown price in Brooklin as it’s also a cosmetic option. Some insurance providers can offer partial coverage so, it’s best to meet up with them for clarifications.
Now you’re aware that dental caps can be costly, rest assured that you get what you pay for. The dentist in Whitby at Brooklin Village Dental Care is highly-experienced with tooth crown treatments and the result with your teeth is worth every penny.
Teeth grinding or bruxism is a parafunctional activity that involves clenching the teeth. For some, it helps them release stress and anxiety. However, dentists always recommend to their patients to stop teeth grinding in Brooklin. Teeth grinding is harmful as it causes cracks and chips to your teeth. Some of the most common symptoms of teeth grinding include excruciating headaches, damaged teeth, and jaw pain. Hence, patients who are unable to control teeth grinding should visit the dental office in Whitby to seek professional help.
What causes teeth grinding?
These are some factors that trigger teeth grinding.
- Misaligned bites
- New dental fillings or dental implants
How to stop teeth grinding in Brooklin?
Here are the ways you can stop teeth grinding in Brooklin.
Use a night guard
Patients can use a custom night guard to prevent teeth grinding when sleeping. Dentists craft it from plastic or acrylic to distribute the force and protect the patient’s teeth. Then, patients need to regularly visit their dentist at a dental office in Whitby once they start using night guards. The dentist needs to monitor changes, movement, decay, or any development of cavities on the patient’s teeth. Patients need to wear this before sleeping to stop teeth grinding in Brooklin.
Patients who have developed a habit of teeth clenching should find another way to release the stress. They can engage into exercises so their brain focus into doing other activities. However, patients should choose physical activities recommended by the dental office in Whitby that do not lead them to dental injuries.
Develop coping skills
Patients who tend to grind their teeth when under stress may consult a psychologist or a life coach about coping skills. Some techniques involve meditation, hypnosis, guided imagery, or progressive relaxation.
There are several ways that patients can manage teeth grinding. Brooklin Dental Care offers night guards to help their patients avoid the habit of teeth clenching.
Severe toothache mainly stems from pervasive tooth decay. When patients neglect their dental routine, teeth become susceptible to decay, cavities, and other dental diseases. Patients need to seek the help of a Whitby dentist to immediately solve the problem.
Treatment options for severe toothache
Toothache disrupts anyone from doing things they need to do. It’s important to know how to be relieved from severe toothache with these methods:
- Home remedies such as salt water gargle, cold compress, hydroperoxide gargle, and tea bags
- Have a Root canal therapy with the dentist.
- Have the tooth extracted.
How does root canal therapy relieve severe toothache?
Relieving toothache through root canal therapy needs the expertise of a Whitby dentist.
- He begins with conducting an X-ray to see manifestations of toxicity around the affected tooth.
- Next, he places a rubber dam surrounding the tooth.
- Then the dentist drills the patient’s tooth to remove bacteria from the pulp, and remove debris. Either water or sodium hypochlorite flushes these. This is how the treatment relieves the patient from severe toothache.
- If the dentist still finds some infection, root canal will be stopped.
- Finally, the tooth is filled and a dental crown is placed on top of the tooth on the next appointment. This strengthens and protects the tooth against bacteria and cavities.
What to do after root canal therapy?
The Whitby dentist recommends that you refrain from chewing near the area where the tooth underwent root canal therapy. Patients should follow their dental routine and never forget to brush and floss twice a day. Also, use a mouthwash recommended by your dentist. Visit your dentist every six months for cleaning and check up to keep your teeth healthy and cavity-free.
Prevention is always better than cure. Seek the help of the dental staff at Creative Dentistry when you begin feeling a minor toothache.
Some teeth need to be extracted if they have been severely damaged by decay or cavities. Your dentist may try not to remove the affected tooth by putting a dental filling or a cap on it. However, when tooth repair is no longer possible, tooth removal is the last option. A simple tooth extraction cost in Brooklin varies on how complex the case of the tooth to be extracted is.
This dental procedure may not be pleasant to the patient. However, the dentist needs to extract the damaged tooth in order to save the rest of the patient’s teeth. Dr. Peter Yao of Brooklin Village dental care performs tooth extraction when necessary to keep his patient’s mouth healthy.
Here are some of the reasons for tooth extraction:
- Orthodontic treatment – Some patients who are recommended for orthodontic treatment may need tooth extraction to remove either one or two teeth. This is done before wearing braces to allow the teeth to be properly aligned. The tooth extraction cost in Brooklin would be on top of the expenses for the orthodontic treatment.
- Patients undergoing chemotherapy – Drugs for chemotherapy make the patient’s bones weak and susceptible to infection. If the patient has tooth infection, extraction may be recommended.
- Malpositioned or extra teeth – Patients whose teeth that have sprouted in a different position may possibly hinder the growth of other teeth. Peter Yao from Brooklin Village dental care strongly recommends removal of the extra teeth.
- Severe tooth damage due to trauma – Facial trauma sometimes cause teeth to be severely fractured, chipped, or broken. If restoration is not a viable option, the dentist resorts to tooth extraction to prevent further damage.
Factors to consider for tooth extraction cost in Brooklin
Tooth extraction cost in Brooklin starts at about $140 CAD. The age of the patient and the complexity of the procedure are the factors considered for the cost of tooth extraction.
If you are bothered by tooth pain, have your teeth checked by Dr. Peter Yao to see if tooth extraction would be necessary.
Dental fillings are made of different materials, such as plastic, porcelain or silver/gold alloy. These are used by dentists to fill cavities. Oftentimes, the worsening of tooth decay causes a broken dental filling because the tooth can no longer hold the dental filling. In the same way, the filling and crown may slowly come off as it can no longer hold on to the tooth.
What to do when you have a broken dental filling?
When you experience this dental problem, it would be ideal to see your dentist immediately at the Brooklin dental clinic. Prior to the actual visit, here are two things you can do:
Put the cap back on if you still have the tooth crown.
If you still have the crown of the tooth, try to cap it back on after you have cleaned your crown very well. Use a dental cement as an adhesive and coat the inside of the tooth’s crown so you can reattach it. Most drugstores have dental cement available for patients. Other alternatives are denture adhesive and petroleum jelly so you can temporarily reattach the cap of your broken dental filling.
Put a dental cement if the crown is lost.
If the dental filling or crown is lost, put a dental cement directly on the tooth to cover it and prevent food particles from getting in. The dentist at the Brooklin dental clinic can easily remove the cement, so you will not have to worry about that.
Visit the dental clinic as soon as possible. Your dentist needs to check the broken dental filling and your tooth for any other added injury using a digital x-ray. This is necessary so the dentist can diagnose the severity of the injury. The decayed tooth is cleaned before a new filling is created at the Brooklin dental clinic. Then, a dental crown is put on top to conceal the new filling and add to the tooth’s aesthetics.
Cavities are more common in children, but that doesn’t mean that adults aren’t susceptible to them. Adults are just as prone to cavities as children because of the food they eat and poor dental hygiene. Heredity also plays a small part in the development of cavities and decay.
There is no easy way of getting rid of cavities. However, what you can do is merely lessen the amount and slow down its buildup by maintaining a healthy mouth. There may be home remedies, but again, these don’t have a long-term effect compared to treatments done by a Brooklin dentist.
What are cavities?
Cavities are caused by the acid waste released by bacteria in the mouth, and feeds on the tooth enamel. When the enamel corrodes and dissolves little by little, this leads to the buildup of cavities. Getting rid of cavities is very important because if left untreated, it can lead to the development of an abscess in the tooth. Once the tooth is filled with abscess, your Brooklin dentist could only treat it with a root canal procedure, surgery or tooth extraction.
Is there a way to getting rid of cavities?
Getting rid of cavities is not easy, so here’s how to prevent cavity development in your teeth:
- Brush twice daily using a fluoride toothpaste to protect the enamel of your teeth.
- Floss every after brush. Use 18 inches of floss in a forward-backward motion. This helps remove the plaque that gets stuck in between the teeth and the gumline.
- Have regular check-ups and talk to your Brooklin dentist about preventive care.
- Limit your intake of sugary and acidic food as these kinds of food retains a thick residue in the mouth.
- Ensure that your water supply is fluoridated as it prevents the growth of cavities. A dentist or pediatrician can prescribe you with fluoride tablets.