It’s Time for your Checkup and Cleaning
It does not matter whether you are in the young children, teens, adults, or seniors group having regular checkup and cleanings done with your dentist at Brooklin Village Dental Care will help keep your teeth and gums healthy.
FAQs about Checkups and cleaning
- What to expect during a checkup and cleaning: First, the dentist will examine your teeth and gums, as well as, your mouth cavity looking for lesions, rough spots, or other issues that could lead to cancer. The dentist may want to take x-rays or use the new light scan used for preventative screening.
- After the dentist examines your teeth and oral cavity, then the oral hygienist will start the cleaning process. This process starts with removing any plaque or tartar that is present on the teeth. Next, they hygienist will use a gritty toothpaste and a high powered electric toothbrush to clean your teeth. This professional cleaning/polishing should be done twice a year with your dentist at Brooklin Village Dental Care.
- Next, the hygienist will expertly floss your teeth to make sure all the plague/tartar has been removed from your teeth and gum lines.
- Finally, it is time to rinse to remove all the loose tartar from your mouth.
- Last, a fluoride treatment will be given to you that will last about 2 to 3 months.
If you want to keep that fresh clean feeling longer at home, purchase the right toothbrush your hygienist or dentist can recommend one that will work for you. Also, continue to floss daily with the correct flossing pattern. After you have brushed and floss, use a mouthwash that helps control tartar or the one that your dentist.
It is important that you and your children follow good oral hygiene at home followed up by regular dental checkups with Brooklin Village Dental Care.