What you need to Know about Dental Sealants
Dental sealants can be used to seal a tooth and prevent more decay from happening. Dental sealants can be used for a variety of dental issues to protect the tooth and reduce decay from becoming much worse. However, do not run off just yet to get dental sealants on your teeth, there are some things that we need to talk about first.
5 things you should know about dental sealants
Here are x things you should know about dental sealants.
- What are dental sealants? The sealants are a thin layer of plastic that is brushed evenly over the molars.
- What materials are used to make sealants?
- Do sealants cover the entire tooth?
- How long do sealants last?
- Are children able to use sealants?
Dental sealants safety
Dentists are at odds over whether sealants are safe for children, however, for teens and adults they agree that dental sealants can help reduce the risk of farther tooth decay.
Pros and cons of dental sealants
Dental sealants can be used to prevent and reduce the number of cavities your children experience. Let’s look at the pros and cons of dental sealants.
- Ease of application
- Easy to clean
- Short life span
- Does not protect sides of teeth
- Can hide decay that has started
What is the dental procedure for sealants?
The dental procedure for sealants is painless and follows these steps:
- The dentist first cleans the tooth
- Second, the tooth is conditioned to accept the sealant
- Third, the dentist will inspect the etching to make sure it will accept the sealant
- Last, the dentist will apply the sealant by applying with a small brush or small syringe
Brooklin Village Dental Care is the place for your sealant needs to be met inexpensively and with a friendly professional staff.