What Are The Do’s And Don’ts Of Basic Teeth Cleaning
Most people religiously clean their teeth. However, basic teeth cleaning have simple rules that aren’t common to everyone. Although you don’t miss a day in brushing your teeth, you’re still prone to gum problems.
That’s why it’s essential to put an effort into educating yourself about proper dental care. Going to a dental office near Whitby is one of your best options to attain an optimal oral health.
Here are your guidelines to the right way of cleaning your teeth.
Do’s in basic teeth cleaning
- Make it a habit to brush your teeth at least twice a day, for at least 2 minutes every time you do it. Basic teeth cleaning should be done as often as mentioned to actively fight off bacteria in your mouth.
- Lightly brush your teeth with a soft-bristled toothbrush and change them every three months or sooner if you’re sick. Use fluoride toothpaste to shield your teeth enamel from acid.
- Floss at least once a day to get rid of the icky food residues from your starchy and sweet snacks.
- Remember to also clean your tongue, inside your cheeks or buccal cavities, and the back teeth.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Regularly visit your dentist at the dental office near Whitby.
Don’ts in basic teeth cleaning
- Don’t share your toothbrush with anyone, especially to family members. Doing this will transfer germs that can cause gum disease.
- A good basic teeth cleaning advice is to use fluoride toothpaste; however, kids must not ingest it. Too much fluoride in their body might disrupt their teeth development.
- Don’t rely on mouthwash alone. It’s not as effective as brushing in removing food residues.
- Avoid smoking. This habit causes teeth stains and negative effects on your general health.
Do the basics of cleaning your teeth daily. Then seek professional care at the dental office near Whitby for you and your family!