How to Deal with a Broken Tooth
A broken tooth does not just hurt but it can be a danger to your lips, tongue, and cheeks. Brooklin Village Dental Care is the place you want to go if you suffer a broken tooth.
Broken tooth repair
The first thing you need to do if you have a broken tooth is to see the dentist at Brooklin Village Dental Care. We can help you with the tooth repair you need. Tooth repair consist of the following:
• Reducing the sharp edges and shaping
• Placing a crown of the tooth
• Extracting the tooth
• Replace the tooth with an dental implant or use of a bridge.
What to do at home for temporary care of a broken tooth
If you have a broken tooth and you want to take care of it temporarily until you can see the dentist; here are some tips on how to handle a broken tooth at home.
• Broken tooth bleeding – the easiest way to deal with this temporarily until your appointment with the dentist is to use a cold compress. Take a washcloth and run cold water over it, wring it out, and then gently press it against the bleeding tooth to stop the bleeding.
• If your broken tooth is sharp but not bleeding or causing tooth pain, you can use some paraffin wax to cover the end of the tooth where the edges are sharp until you are able to see the dentist.
• For broken tooth pain, you are better off using something like a numbing gel that is used on babies who are teething, if you need to take an analgesic take Tylenol as Ibuprofen is a blood thinner and if there is bleeding it will become worse.
A broken tooth is nothing to be extremely worried about and we at Brooklin Village Dental care can help you.